Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One small step forward. One giant leap of faith.

Or so it feels to me.

Many of you have probably noticed that my dream, my business, is in the very beginning stages and as such, I have been worried to put myself 'out there' so to speak.  I work full time outside of my home and have not had a lot of time to devote to growing my business.  This has caused me to hold back more than I probably should.  So, I decided to do something about it.
My dear friend, and mentor, Kay Green is the owner of My Precious Kid (www.mypreciouskid.com) and a remarkable woman on SO many fronts.  She has been one of my biggest cheerleaders throughout the birth and short life of my business.  I would not be where I am now if it were not for her gentle, yet firm, push in the direction of my dreams.
 
Last week, Kay put out the call to sponsor a flash giveaway via her business's Facebook page.  I didn't know what it was at the time, but in prompted my interest for sure.  So I contacted her.  I said . .  is it okay for me to do this, even if I don't have all of my ducks in a row?  (If you've even attempted to look at my business's website, you'll know this to be true.)  In her ever so loving way, Kay responded, "Start where you are and build." So I did.  I signed up to be a sponsor and set forth creating a 2-page 12x12 Fall Layout for her giveaway.  And in turn, I received an increase of nearly 150 Facebook "Fans" to my From Milestones to Memories business page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/FromMilestonestoMemories).  And here is what the winner received:





Nothing about the process was easy. In fact, it was pretty scary for the most part.  But I did it.  I took another step of faith in the direction of my dreams. And I will continue to do so as long as I am able. And God willing, someday, in the not too distant future, From Milestones to Memories will be more reality than dream.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for stepping out, and I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete